Monday, May 4, 2015

Santos venid.....sin miedo...sin temor...?


Familia,

THE RUNDOWN:
-sorry i haven't had a rundown for a while
-i have giardia again
-....It sounds a lot worse than it is
-i will be singing in the conference this friday.  a member of the area 70 is coming but this time it is in a group of a few missionaries.  all is well, all is well!
-bretta peterson is getting married..?????
-Happy birthday abuela!!  I love you so much!

In case you didn't know... I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

Things are hard and the people we are teaching really are struggling and not progressing.. at all.. but I still am so grateful for the things I am learning and I love being able to see people grow and improve.  People here have so much faith in Someone they have never seen.  It impacts me over and over again and it makes me want to improve and have more faith myself.

Gustavo Ibarra moved out... they are already making big steps in their divorce.  It is really really bad in that house, but the bishop hopefully will be able to talk to them before they get a divorce if Gustavo will stop ignoring him.

The gonzales family is doing much better. colocho got out of jail and is supposedly a "changed man" from all the time he had to think in jail...... ok.

Summer ended here and it is now bitter cold once again. I think I am getting used to it though!  my companion on the other hand.... haha she doesn't have enough shirts to leave the house in!!  things are better with my comp, the president's wife talked to her and we are figuring things out.

This week as we were teaching less actives I felt over and over again the importance of knowing WHY we keep commandments.  If we just do it because our mom said we should, it's not enough.  When trials of our faith come we need to know why we are obedient because if we don't know why, we will stop doing it.  We follow God because we love Him.  We can't fear man more than God.

Well, talk to you in a few days I guess? not sure how that came so fast.

NEC
Hermana Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment