Monday, May 25, 2015

Just keep swimming...

Familia and everyone else who reads this,
So I know you already do this all the time, but please pray for our safety this week.  We are okay and I know the Lord protects His missionaries, but we could use some extra help.  Thank you :)

THE RUNDOWN:
- there was a city wide power out... sketchy!  Haha we were walking right by the neighborhood strip club so we went pretty quickly to the Ibarras house haha.
- mom and dad, we played our family's famous mind reading game with the ibarras for family night.. they were freaked out! Haha it was the best!!
- A pretty drunk guy contacted us the other day and as we were leaving he did some crazy handshake with me as if we had been friends since the pre existence.. you never know..

After being in my area for 6 months I think I have it memorized like the back of my hand.. and yet we are still finding new people to teach!  There are always more people here it's insane!  We have found some people who are really receptive and open to receiving us again.  This week we have been in the house at 6 pm instead of 9 pm but we are still able to teach a lot and the Lord is blessing us like crazy.  The Ibarras went to an interview with the bishop the other night and it was the first time they had entered the church in a loooooong time!  WOOOOOOOOO!!  poco a poco people.

After a series of events that have happened this week I have been able to reflect on how much I have changed in the past (almost) 15 months.   I am so grateful for what I have learned about my Savior and His atonement.  The atonement not only helps me be forgiven of constantly messing up, but it helps me and allows me to forgive others.  Before the mission I would have reacted differently to these situations and I wouldn't have been able to have the peace and comfort that I have now.  Christ constantly lifts and carries me when I need Him.

I love you all and I hope you are all so happy!

NEC
Hermana Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment