Monday, April 28, 2014

Walk with me


Week 2 down.  Crazy crazy!
Mom and Dad - how's the blog coming?? hopefully you've figured it out by now.. I have confidence in you mama
Barrett and Erin - you should teach Lily spanish too
Isaac - an hermana in my district now calls me seester in lawr.  hahaha
Porter- i thought you'd be happy to hear we can't drink coke in this mission.. p.s. you and Mckell were smokin hot at prom. daaang
Sophie - keep smiling my beautiful sissy.  I love you

To answer your questions-
I bought a huge blanket haha
My tummy is fine...changes by the hour...
I legit have no time to email
I'm getting my package that Hermana Alvarado mailed in an hour!!

Tell Spencer Wixom that my companion's desk has WIXOM and WIXOM SLC UT written all over it haha!! crazy crazy crazy.
 
 
"He made my feet to walk upon a narrow road
My knees He made to bow and praise
and He made my legs to stand in the light of His love and praise
He made my eyes to be His eyes
He made my heart to recognize His truth that fills these ears He made
He made my tongue to give Him praise"
 
Today, after a sweaty game of volleyball
This past week was a challenge here in Chamelco.  It's a beautiful but tough area!  The members here are about as uninterested in the work as the evangelicos.  The investigators hide behind their curtains, no one wants help cleaning their homes.. haha I had my first experience getting yelled at!  It was awesome!  And scary!  Haha this woman who has already taken the first 2 lessons came storming out of the shower telling us to get out, we aren't welcome in her home, she already accepts Jesus (clearly), and she is going to tell all her friends not to listen to us.  Haha her husband whispers "lo siento" as we peaced out.  Welcome to the mission Hermana Chetz (no one can say my name haha).
 
Reunion de distrito
I was starting to feel down but then I read mosiah 14:3-5 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised and we esteemed him not.  Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
 
Life was anything but easy for Christ.  As a representative of Christ, why should I expect my mission to be easy?  Prophets of old were much better teachers, more worthy than I, and they were persecuted.  Like Christ, servants of God are persecuted, despised, and rejected -but with His stripes we are healed.  We can find peace and confidence in Him and His atonement.
"He made my feet to walk upon a narrow road"
3 Nephi 14:14 says "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it"
Hermana Hernandez and I (she is from Mexico City.
Her mother is the housekeeper for Isaac's Mission President!
As we all strive to bring others to Christ we will not always experience immediate success.  The road to all that God has is narrow, for all us.  I am thankful every day to have a Savior who walks with me every step of the way down that narrow path as I try to help others learn how to do the same.  "Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me."
 
Let us all walk with Him.  He will ever guide us.
NEC
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment