Saturday, May 10, 2014

2 months already??



What in the world!?  I only have 16 months left of my mission...  It's going too fast.
I feel like Isaac in our Christmas home video, "I got MAIL, who's jealous??" 

Family.  You sent me girl scout cookies.  You are saints.  Thank you so much for the package!
So funny story.. Elder Ochoa from the 70 is coming on friday for a conference and our zone leader called me to see if I could play piano or sing.  I talked about my song I played in the CCM and he said perfect, come to the practice tomorrow and teach two missionaries in spanish.  So I taught them the song in spanish and then my zone leader decided that I sing better than them so I will be singing the song.  Oh okay.  Then today he called me and said change of plans, you are now going to learn my arrangement of If I Could Hie to Kolob and sing it.  Whaaaat.  So now I'm singing who knows what this Friday for a conference.  How did that happen.  Who have I become...
"We truly need Him every hour, whether they be hours of sunshine or of rain." -Pres. Monson.
Well ain't that the truth here in Guatemala!!  One minute it will be so crazy hot, and the next minute we are drowning in 2 feet of water!  It's crazy here but it's so great!  Every night I feel like Mr. Incredible drying all of his books with the blow dryer.
I have been thinking a lot about repentence.  Everyone here thinks Jesus came to save us all and now we don't need to do anything in return besides be grateful that we are saved.  Yes, Christ saved us.  But now He requires us to take advantage of His atonement and become perfect.  Perfect is a lot to expect right?  But "unto whom much is given much is required."  Christ atoned for us so that we could have the opportunity to CHANGE.  If we strive every day to utilize Christ's atonement, to allow it to change our thoughts, desires, actions, and priorities, we will see our lives slowly becoming more like our Savior's.
Family, I miss you, but I'm glad I am here :)  I am so grateful for this opportunity to share what I know to be absolutely and amazingly true.  I love you all :)
NEC
Hermana Yates

We went cave exploring today!





No comments:

Post a Comment