Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Final Countdown


Familia,

Barrett and Erin...You are moving to Norway?? What on earth!  Take me with you. So happy for you!

Chandler, no way!  How crazy!  I'm so stoked for him! Tell him congratulations from me!  Guatemala is the best place on earth.

Mitch is coming to this MTC??  No way!!!!!  So cool!!

If you can, please tell Ben Houghton congratulations on his call!  I'm so crazy happy for him!!

Hermana Alvarado is the best human ever to walk this earth.  She is amazing. I'm so happy everyone gets to see her!

"Happiness is not the absence of a load.  Our Savior strengthens us to be more than we could ever be and do more than we could ever do.  Our load helps us rely on the merits, mercy, and grace of the Messiah. He will cleanse, heal, guide, and protect us." -Elder Bednar

"Challenges will come, but as you trust in God, they will strengthen your faith.  *read Helaman 5:12* THIS is your safety in the whirlwind."  -Niel Anderson.

Leave it up to amazing men called of God to answer my prayers.  I love General Conference and I'm so grateful that I was able to watch it in the CCM before heading out to the field in a few days! The last session of conference opened with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "I Stand All Amazed" I sure hope Grammy was listening and watching with me because I was sure thinking of her.  I love her so much and I'm so happy that song was chosen.

I got to watch the Saturday night General Women's session and it was amazing!  I looked for mom and Sophie so hard but I couldn't see you haha.  But when they said to give your mom a smile, I hope sophie gave mom an awkward smile for the both of us. Forever Awkward.  But really, Sophie, give mom a big hug for me and you.  Mom, thank you for raising me with a knowledge of my Savior.  Thank you for preparing me. Thank you for helping me see my path to my heavenly home.  

We went on a field trip a few days ago to walk around and go to sketchy, underground, color filled markets! We got our cameras and went to wendy's but I was unable to connect to the wifi there so sorry I haven't sent the pictures yet!  I will soon.  The pictures I forwarded to you were some that the ccm nurse took.  

Dad, I hope you had an amazing birthday!  It's fitting that you share your birthday with Christ and that it was the day we got to hear from our amazing prophet.  What an amazing day and I'm so happy I got to spend it in the CCM; heaven on earth. 

Presidente Diaz is such a cutie huh!?  He took pictures of us, added you on facebook, and he secretly comes up to me and tells me to write a message on your picture for your birthday!  Haha I probably shouldn't have done that.. but I repented. Every time he sees me now, he says shhhhh it's a secret!  

I'm on my death bed once again.  I am so sick haha.  I have a cold or something but it feels like I have the plague.  Yesterday I had a 2 hour bloody nose and our cute nurse was in the bathroom with me smashing an ice pack on my face for an hour. I have been taking mysterious pills on pills on pills and I can't tell if it's making it better or worse.  Today I almost passed out in the temple and I had to ride in the car on the way back instead of walking!  Haha I'm such a mess.  Pray for me :)  

Today was my last temple day for a while. I am going to miss that place so much while I'm in the jungle!  Any last advice before I leave for the field? Bed bug spray reminders or anything? I have completely forgotten everything I was told before I left. Mom also in my package please send life savers, super glue, perfume, Just Bunches cereal galore, and pictures, pictures, pictures!  
  
I can't remember if I said this last week but everyone should watch Elder Bednar's Christmas devotional he gave at the provo mtc in 2013 if you can find it!  It is so amazing.  

I think it would be fitting to end with President Monson's words: "May we ever be found doing the work of the Lord."  

I love you all and wish me luck as I head out to Cobán next week if I can't get back on before!

NEC

Hermana Yatés

No comments:

Post a Comment