Monday, July 6, 2015

oh say can you seeeeeee

Familia,
I swear I just wrote you guys yesterday...
Today we played volleyball and had a water fight

So I am not sure why everyone keeps telling me that I'm going home.. they must be confusing me with someone else.

Haha so this week the elders had a baptism in the church so they went to fill up the font.. and left for a while.  It overflowed and the whole church flooded!!  We ran to the church to help while everyone was in the baptism.  3 hours later, a few blisters, and covered in sweat, my comp, a member, and I finished mopping everything up.  Happy fourth of July!!!

There is a less active member in our area who was baptized a year ago.  He is 20 and is going through some rough times. I think I told you a little about him two weeks ago?  But we went to visit him and he reminded me so much of when we were helping Gustavo come back to church after his baptism.  He is very humbled and wants to change but doesn't know how.  We had an awesome lesson with him and he is making big improvements!  He even came to church yesterday!!  He was so nervous to go back to church but the members welcomed him with open arms and were so awesome.  I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the hope that He continually offers us.

I have seen so many blessings from fasting here in my mission.  This weekend we were fasting and things just started changing left and right!  We went to visit a family that we have been teaching for a while.  The dad sells alcoholic drinks from mexico-tepache, and he hasn't been willing to stop selling that and go to church.  He has been sending two of his kids to church for about 2 months.  He used to go to church when he was little and likes general conference, but just hasn't been ready to change some habits.  When we went to visit them he said that he is starting a new business and will start selling tacos and other food, he and his whole family would go to church the next day, and they are all getting baptized.  Hahaha moments like that make missionaries stop and think, "Am I dreaming?"  The next day they walked in to church together!  And his neighbor and their family showed up too!  And his neighbor leaned over to me in sacrament meeting and asked me when the next baptismal service is because he and his family are getting baptized too.  Hahaha legit it's crazy.  They also announced it in the gospel principles class that we were teaching.  So fasting brings miracles people.  Pray for marvin, sheralin, conner, ismenia, geraldo, and sylvia.

NEC
Hermana Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment