Monday, April 13, 2015

What year is it...?

Familia,

THE RUNDOWN:
-I got a haircut again and they didn't cut it all off this time!  wooooo
-parasite free wooooo
-mom, i got your easter package, thank you so much!  and I shared my candy with the office elders.. they say thank you and that you are going to heaven.
-well, nothing else really.  We were in the house almost the whole week

I feel like a prisoner who has finally been let out of my terrible, boring cell.  My companion has been sick but we don't know what is wrong with her.  We were in and out of doctors' offices all week, we have been to every lab and clinic here in coban, and no one is quite sure what's wrong.  She is getting better though, and we were able to leave the house to work two days this past week and a half. . . .

We were pretty out of touch with our investigators and recent converts while we weren't able to visit them.... and all heck broke loose in the Ibarra home in that time.  Oh please pray for them.  I don't want to give too many details because it is depressing, but it involves not wanting to go to church, drinking, smoking, divorce, and stinkin satan is fighting hard with them.

On the other hand, the familia gonzales is doing so much better!  Mom, they absolutely loved the things you sent them.  We taught a lesson about the stripling warriors and helped them understand that they need to be faithful, brave, and obedient like them.  They were so touched that people they don't even know are praying for them and love them too.  They are going to take good care of their gifts :)  Wesley didn't even take his stripling warrior out of the box, he just gently set it up on the bed and smiled, staring at it.  Haha they told me to tell you they love you and thank you.

So my comp was mean and counted how many transfers I have left.... it's terrifying.  If you are counting as well..... just don't say anything to me.  I love my mission.  I love my Savior.  I love reading about His life on earth and learning from His ever perfect example.  What a blessing it is to have the chance to become like Him!  I am so grateful for the Atonement, the Sacrament, and for repentance.

I love you all, have an amazing week!
NEC
Hermana Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment