Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year




Familia,
THE RUNDOWN:
-I think you could all guess by now as to how Guatemalans celebrate new years.... BOMBS.  and tamales.  woooooooo!
-Is it ironic that I shared a million lessons on new years goals and how important they are.. and I hate making new years goals?
-My last haircut was a big fail, so hermana Allen and I cut my hair yesterday.  yikes................. rewind button anyone?

I think the Lord has decided to be extra loving this week (if that's even possible).  We were able to place 9 baptismal dates this week with people who are truly progressing and have such a strong desire to change their lives and accept Christ more fully.  We are so excited to help them learn more, strengthen their testimonies, and make this important decision in their lives!

On New Years day we had interviews with President and Hermana Curtiss and the assistents.  It was great and they  helped us all self-evaluate and make new plans in order to improve as a mission and as individual missionaries in our individual areas.  To truly have a personal conversion.  To truly be dedicated to the work and get rid of any distractions.  We have been fasting every week for the past 6 weeks in order to get rid of our distractions and it has helped so much.  Who knew fasting could be so awesome and bring us so much closer to our Father in Heaven?? I sure didn't before the mission.

So for those of you who don't know, the mission is a pure emotional rollercoaster.  I swear my emotions go up and down and up and down and up and down at least 27 times every day.  In every lesson, really.  Someone is ready to accept a fecha, then someone doubts the answers they have already received, then someone read in their Book of Mormon, then someone found out their husband cheated on them and has another child, then that husband brings the patoja to live in the house with his other child, then investigators go to church, then recent converts go out drinking with their friends, then Luvia is FINALLY there when we place an appointment to come back, then her boyfriend is abusive and won't leave.  HOLY SMOKES it is exhausting!   But really great at the same time!  Haha sometimes I feel a little like Heavenly Father must feel when he watches us progress and then make stupid mistakes.  Having this limited view on eternity is a little hard sometimes, isn't it?  I feel like we are always here cheering on our investigators, guiding them, giving them what they need to succeed, and then it is heart breaking when they fall short of their potential.  JUST TRUST US!  JUST TRUST IN YOUR SAVIOR!  TRUST IN REVELATION!  I feel like that must be what my Father in Heaven wants to tell me sometimes.  We can trust Him.  We can trust our Savior.  We can trust in revelation and gain our own witness of the truthfulness of this gospel and the reality of God's love.  I hope to be able to do that better this year, as well as hope our investigators do the same.
I love you all!
NEC
Hermana Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment