Monday, November 24, 2014

Beautiful Days

Family,

Dang, always making me emotional with your emails haha.  I love you all so much.

To answer your questions:
No, it is not the same parasite that is not clearing up.  I have tested positive for 5 different kinds of parasites.
No, it doesn't stop me from working.  I just have a lot of nausea and cramping.  One day I couldn't work half of the day but I got sick of sitting in the house so we left.
I have no idea how I am getting them.
I'm good :)

THE RUNDOWN:
-Sorry boys, but I got the cutest kiss of my life the other day.. on the cheek from a 2 year old girl as we were leaving a lesson.  I died.
-Every day since the day I got here I have checked my shoes for bugs before putting them on.  Good thing I never got tired of doing that because today I finally found a big spider in my shoes.  That would have been a fun surprise if I hadn't checked first huh?
-As we were walking down the street a few days ago a little girl opened her door as we were passing in front of her house.  When she saw us her eyes got huge and scared to death she ran back inside yelling "MOOOMMYYY!!"  I don't know if they're scared of Mormons or white people.  Maybe both?


Wow so much happened this week!  I don't really know where to start, so sorry if this is a confusing letter.
We started the week pretty happy.  We went looking for a less active member that we had an appointment with.  As we called "Buenas!"  outside the gate, his mother in law came up to us..... yikes.  She started yelling and spitting her orange all over us telling us to stop wasting her time.  I was very nice to her but after she was done yelling she stormed back inside and I was left with my jaw clenched and tear filled eyes outside her gate.  As we walked away trying to joke about it, it was everything I could do to not break down.  I felt like a little kid in that moment, just wanting a hug from someone who didn't think I was of the devil haha.  Later in the day we had a lesson with Alexander, a new investigator.  He was so nice and really cared about us, who we were, and what was important to us.  As he closed with the prayer and prayed for each of us and our families, I felt like my Heavenly Father was telling me that He knew what I was feeling and that this was His way of helping me grow, but more than anything, that He always wanted me to feel loved.  I felt like I was finally getting that hug I was desperate for.  He is so good to me.

We have another investigator, Asusena.  She can't read, she doesn't understand very well, and hasn't been to church in a very long time.  After teaching the restoration, we were talking about the importance of going to church.  She was coming up with a million excuses like how she had to go to the market, she had to be home to watch the house, she wakes up late, she has to make food, she is waiting for a sign from God that it is time....... my stubborn side came out and I just gave her sincho.  I was not going to accept no for an answer.  After telling her that God is still there, He is still important, and His commandments still exist even if we don't pay Him any attention, she was still coming up with excuses.  She thought about it for a minute, and declared that nope, there would never be time for her go to church.  Feeling a little defeated, I started thinking that we might have to drop her because she wasn't willing to progress.  I just told her it was a matter of her faith and asked if she was willing to show Christ that she had faith in Him.  She stops and everything is quiet for a minute.  Then she asks, "It starts at 9?"  "Si"  ".......ok i'll go."  WHAAAAT!!!!!!  Haha I was so happy!!  My comp didn't know what was going on the whole time but when I told her Asusena was going to go she started freaking out too.  And she went on sunday! Granted, we passed by for her in the morning and we all ended up being an hour late to church.. but she went!  It was amazing.

One of my favorite members from Coban is Mildred.  She was baptized 2 months and 11 days ago and I played the piano at her baptism :)  She loves leaving with the missionaries, is 22, and is so sweet!  Turns out, she is dating one of the members in San Cristobal and went to church up there last sunday.  I freaked out when I saw her and it was a lovely reunion because I never got to say bye to her.  She agreed to come up to San Cristobal and help us with our lessons one day!  It is an hour away in a bus!  She is so pilas and I am so grateful for her help, because the members here... well aren't quite as dedicated.  It was amazing to have her help and see her testimony grow every time she shared her experiences with her conversion.

Wow I still have so much to share about a cute family that MIGHT be baptized this saturday, a crazy funeral I went to, and a great district meeting, but I have no time left.  TO BE CONTINUED.

I love you all and I am so grateful for your prayers, fasting, and efforts to keep me well.  Family, friends, neighbors, everyone.  I love you all so much and your prayers are felt and appreciated.  I have the best support system in the world :)

This week I am grateful for you all and for beautiful days.

No Empty Chairs
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment