Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Trust in God

Family!  How are you all??  Porter and Sophie, Barrett, Erin, Lily... I need letters asap.  This is unacceptable.
Well folks, there's not a whole lot to talk about right now about my area haha.  It's pretty!  We walk a lot!  That's about all that's happening for right now.  I am getting wake up calls about the real world.  Everyone has so many struggles with their marriages, family relationships, money, self worth, and everything in between.  I am here telling them that no matter what their trials are, they can find courage, answers, and comfort in the Lord.  I have been thinking, can I really tell them that?  My life has been such a walk in the park and I'm trying to figure out if I'm grateful for that or not haha.  I am just so much more blessed than I realized.   I have always delt with my problems, unsureties, and insecurities basically on my own.  If I had heaven's help it wasn't because I was asking for it or perhaps I was too selfish to notice it.  I'm striving to have a  testimony like Alma in the Book of Mormon, "I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day".  How can I help my investigators recognize His support in their trials and how can I recognize it better in my own life?

Lately, we have had activities in our district, zone, and even the MTC where we have paired off with different missionaries and taught each other.  No role playing, simply finding the need of that missionary and helping them.  Every time, my teacher has come to the conclusion that I need to trust more in the Lord.  I have begun to learn more about how much we truly rely on the Lord for everything; a new day, each breath, a chance to learn from our mistakes, repent, and try not to make those mistakes again, though we often do.  I am learning to trust more in the Lord, because really that's all we can do.  I am grateful to be here and to be learning as I do my best to help others learn a thing or two about God's love for them.  My heart is full of questions but I am grateful because my testimony is growing.
I love you all so much!  Grammy, you are in my prayers and I love you with all my heart.  No empty chairs <3
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment