Monday, March 31, 2014

I had the answer all along...


Familia,

Richard G. Scott on Prayer:
"It matters not our circumstance, be we humble or arrogant, poor or rich, free or enslaved, learned or ignorant, loved or forsaken, we can address Him.  We need no appointment.  Our supplication can be brief or can occupy all the time needed.  It can be an extended expression of love and gratitude or an urgent plea for help.  He has created numberless cosmos and populated them with worlds, yet you and I can talk with Him personally, and He will ever answer."

Pres David O McKay:
"It is true that the answers to our prayers may not always come as direct and at the time, nor in the manner, we anticipate; but they do come and at a time and in a manner best for the interests of him who offers the supplication."

Elder Scott:
"Be thankful that sometimes God lets you struggle for a long time before that answer comes.  Your character will grow; your faith will increase.  There is a relationship between those two:  the greater your faith, the stronger your character; and increased character enhances your ability to exercise even greater faith."
 
Prayer has become so important to me.  I am grateful for a loving Father who knows me and knows how to help me before I even know I am in need of help.  I am learning how to recognize answers to my prayers - prayers that I offered long ago and prayers that I have sought answers to for years.  I am finding that I had an answer all along.
 
I was so brave yesterday.  I played my pretty arrangement of I Know My Redeemer Lives in sacrament meeting and my companions sang it!  We were all so unreasonably nervous but I'm so glad we did it.  Nothing brings the spirit like music.  So many people were brought to tears and it was a special experience.  My mtc president's wife even had us do it again in Relief Society haha.  The branch president emailed you about it :)  I think he tried to attach a recording of it.  He totally pulled out his phone and recorded it in sacrament meeting!!  haha he comes up to us after and said "It's for me.  Muy bonita.  I cried.  I love it"  and he walks off holding it to his ear smiling from ear to ear. I love the people here so much.
 
It finally came.  My sick day.  It was just a matter of time before I got sick from the food!  I spent a day in my room sick to my stomach.  I didn't even get to enjoy not studying because I was stressed the whole time about what I was missing.  I'm fine now though!  I just got a lot of mysterious medicine from the nurse and stayed in bed all day.
 
I CAN'T BELIEVE HERMANA ALVARADO IS COMING TO OUR HOUSE!!!  That's so crazy!  I am giving her a note to bring to you :)  I'm super jealous she gets to hang out with you all but she is so awesome.  Give her a big hug for me because I won't see  her after wednesday this week :(
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!  I love you with all my heart.  You are my hero.  Thank you for being a light in my life and for being so selfless and inspiring.  You are amazing and I love you!  I'll be thinking about you on your Birthday during Conference!
 
Thank you for your letters every week.  You fill me with happiness.  Thank you for your words of wisdom.  I love you all so much!  Be safe and play in the snow/ sun for me!  Whatever weather Utah decides to be this week!
 
-Hermana Yatés

No comments:

Post a Comment