Monday, August 24, 2015

Sharpie that.

Familia,

ELDER YATES!  Poco a poco is the way to do it!  Be super patient, especially on Fridays and Saturdays, they were always the longer, more frustrating days for me.  Spanish is awesome!! wooooooooooo

SOPHIE happy birthday!!!!  freak, grow down!  All the missionaries here saw the picture of all the kids that went to the house to celebrate with you.... they say you're really popular.

BRI I can't wait to meet you!

OLIVER I can't wait to meet you too!

Haha in internet my computer wasn't working so the guy who owns the place let me use his computer.  Everyone keeps coming up to me and asking me stuff and I have to awkwardly tell them that I don't work here....

This week we had some cool meetings!  The doctor for all of the central america missions came to visit every zone in our mission because everyone is so sick here haha... awkward.  I had the chance to meet with him and thank him for taking care of me my whole mission!  I thanked him for you too mom haha :)

We also got to see a conference broadcasted from Guate.  President Nelson from the quorum of the 12 apostles spoke to us with Elder Duncan, our area president.  They were very encouraging and helped us more clearly recognize the importance of our callings and the importance of working hard.  They talked about how we may be the missionaries to find and start teaching someone, we might be the missionaries to keep teaching someone when we get to an area, or we might be the missionaries who get to be there 20 years down the road when they finally decide to be baptized.  We never know how far our efforts will go as disciples of Christ.  We need to do our best in whatever phase we are in so that in the Lord's time, all people will recognize and confess that He is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer.

I love Him and I love serving Him.  I love putting on my missionary badge every day because it helps me remember Who's representative I am, and it helps me keep my covenants because it constantly reminds me of Him.  I also love serving Him because this time that I have had to serve has helped me not only wear his name on a black square on my shirt, but as it says in Mosiah 5:12, His name is written in my heart.  I want to always have it there because as it says despues, if His name is written in my heart I will recognize His voice and I will know Him.

The other night I had a dream that Christ came but no one recognized Him.  It scared me because it made me think.. will I know Him when He comes?  What do I need to change and do better to get to know my Savior better?

Is His name written in your hearts?  If so, is it written with pencil or with a permanent marker?  ;)
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!  I will talk to you next monday I think!
Saying bye to Hna Gloria Matheu

NEC
Hermana Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment