Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I wanna be forever young :(


Familia,
 

Pues... ya soy vieja.  This is my last week to be a teenager.  Ever.  freak......
 
THE RUNDOWN:
-I HAVE PARASITES AGAIN WOOOOOO!   Is that breaking the mission rule of "no pets" again??
-Happy Birthday Lily!  Happy Birthday Grandpa!  Happy Birthday Steffeny!  I love you all!!
-Isaac.  You still can't get married.
-So word on the street is I'll be coming home the last week of July because there are no changes in August and we can't serve more than 18 months.  Porter...... wait for me.
 
Conference Sunday
Another week of learning here in good ol' Guatemala.
 
The other day we were walking down the street to a lesson.  A truck drove by us and the guy in the passenger seat threw water at us, leaving us pretty wet.  It's a good thing that I was pretty sick and had no voice, because I just started yelling but no sound came out haha.  Dripping and upset, we continued walking.  I just wanted to cry.  Luckily Heavenly Father was kind and helped me see how beautiful the day was and we had an amazing lesson with Lupita right after.  I was able to forget about my problems.  We taught Lupita how to pray correctly.  I was a little worried because people are often upset when we tell them they aren't praying right, or that their idea of God isn't right, but she took it all in stride and was willing to change.  When she prayed at the end, she was so focused on praying right.  When she would make a mistake, she would stop and correct it.  I was so happy!  It is amazing to see the faith and humility of these people who let us in their homes, let us teach them, and then seeing them accept our teachings and change their lives and habits is truly priceless.
Rain!
Yesterday when one of our investigators couldn't come to the house of our recent converts to have a lesson, we decided to come up with something to teach to our recent converts.  My companions looked at me and I opened my scriptures to find something haha.  I went to Alma 5 (alma sincho)  and found a scripture that I like to share.  I also kept looking in Moroni 7 and found a few scriptures about charity.  Thinking about what I would share, I noticed something that I haven't before.  Alma 5:14 asks an interesting question:Have ye received his image in your countenances?  I was thinking, how can I receive His image in my countenance?  Then reading the scriptures I found in Moroni, I saw verse 48: Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray‍ unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, (charity) which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers‍ of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be‍ like himfor we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified‍ even as he is pure. Amen.
 
Bautizar y retener
Aka, if we have charity, we will have an attribute of Christ.  If Christ and His Father are one, we will also have an attribute of God.  We will become more like our Father and we will have His image in our countenances.  I realized that I was lacking in charity when that man threw his water at me in la libertad.  Instead of praying for him, I got upset.  REALITY CHECK haha.  Looks like I have something new to work on as always.  Once again, teaching that lesson taught me more than it taught our recent converts I think.
 
Well time to go!  Love you all!
NEC
Hermana Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment